Easy Bone Broth Recipe!
It is much healthier to make your own broth as you can avoid the fillers, chemical and MSG is most store bought broths. The best place to get bones if from leftovers that you have, from a butcher or farmer of grass fed animals!
Any bones (beef, chicken, elk, fish etc)
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar 1-3 carrots - coarsely chopped 2-4 celery stocks - coarsely chopped 1-2 onions - quartered
garlic - as desired water - enough to cover the bones
1. Put the bones in a pot with 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar. Add enough water to cover the bones.
2. Let sit for 30 min (the vinegar leaches nutrients from the bones)
3. Cut up a carrots, celery, and an onions. (or use leftover bits destined for the compost)
4. Add salt, pepper and fresh herbs to your preference.
5. Add them all to a pot with the bones. You can use a slow cooker, stove top or a pressure cooker (my favorite new way to make it)
6. Simmer for 24-72 hours at a low heat (2 hours if a pressure cooker :)
7. Let the broth cool, then strain it
8. Freeze in jars or ice cube trays for single use. You can use it in sauces or drink on it's own daily!